- Read through the entire Bible in a year following a chronological reading plan- Finally got caught up and I'm back on track
- Memorize a verse a week (for full disclosure I am starting with verses that I have previously memorized but have lost full memory of)- I'm behind on this one right now, but we are doing a lot more Scripture memory with the kids and hopefully will be learning more that way
- Spend 30 minutes daily concentrated on prayer and Bible reading- Getting there again. I was able to do this most days
- Continue to record daily blessings to cultivate thankfulness (Goal is 10,000 things)- Still doing this you can see this months blessings here, here, here, here and here
- Praying throughout the day for specified things (still developing lists and plan for this)- Some days are better than others, still struggling with this
- Read a book a month apart from SWI matrerial- Still working on Redeeming Childbirth but did not actually complete another book. I am working on a couple other books too
- Journal 5 days a week- Still lacking in this, need to make a plan for journaling
- Write (working on books) 5 days a week- Done some work, but not as often as I would like. Still working on getting this into the daily routine
- Finish my first fiction book- Still seriously behind where I hoped to be at this point
- Write 3 blog posts a week- Almost averaged this. Hoping to do better in July
- Continue to meet once a month with writing group- We tried twice but were unable to meet. Here's to meeting in July
- Have one day a month for personal retreat time to pray, read the Bible and write- Um, no
- Complete Level 1 of Rosetta Stone Russian- Plugging away
- Begin working on a Christ-centered prenatal/delivery/postnatal education- Yes! I have gone through the surveys, began writing a book to accompany the class (should write a post on this), and have reached out to a few people for help in areas I am not as knowledgeable in
- Go on a date once a month- Yes!
- Go on one overnight trip away- Done in May
- Read together for 30 minutes once a week- Um, No
- Discuss and plan the week to come on Sunday afternoon- Yes
- Take each child on a "date" once a month- This did not happen, no reason excpet failure to plan
- Spend individual time with each child at home once a week (at least 20 minutes)- Still working on this. Some weeks were better than others
- Work on memorizing Psalm 23 with Jamey and Lillian- Yes! Both have it memorized as well as Psalm 67 with most of Proverbs 31:10-31 and are now working on Psalm 1
- Finish current Pre-K curriculum with Jamey and Lillian- This is our last week in the Pre-K curriculum! So ready for a little break (though I know the kids are not)
- Continue going to playgroup on Tuesdays- Yes
- (I need to develop more educational goals, so I guess a goal for this year will be learning to do this for next year)
- Begin a garden planting at least tomatoes (hoping to do more)- We have lettuce which we have eaten, and currently have plants growing for tomatoes, watermelons, cucumbers, green beans and maybe peppers (we're unsure due to labeling confusion)
- Try 1 new recipe a month- I got to try several new recipes with Noemi and will be making one by myself tomorrow night
- Keep up with cleaning calendar- About half the month
- Develop general cleaning schedule- Have an idea, but still nothing official
Health and Fitness
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week- This month got a little lazy, but have done some Wii Fit with the fam
- Lose 30 lbs- Still fluctuating, but back down to what I was on a good day
- Continue hosting Women's prayer once a month- Yes, still praying for more people to pray
- Email workers once a month- Yes!
- Send 2 encouraging notes a month- No, still hoping to catch up and improve in this area
June was a month full of lots of things. Primarily it involved school and visits from family and friends as well as practicing keeping a routine. Still have so much to learn, but our family is making it one day at a time.
What was your June like?
What was your June like?