Saturday, July 6, 2013

Not With My Whole Heart

"He did right in the sight of the Lord, yet not with his whole heart." 2 Chronicles 25:2

This verse is about King Amaziah, but it could also be about me. So often I do what is right because I know that it's right, but not with my whole heart. It is, more or less, lip service out of duty, but not out of love for my God who has saved me. 

God demands our whole heart, but so frequently we don't even give Him even a tenth. We are fallen beings who have turned our backs on God, and yet He has given His Son to save us. I am so thankful that Jesus has saved me and given me a new heart so that I might hope to give my whole heart to God. One day He will have it all without defect, sin or stain. But in the meantime I seek His grace so that I can give my best to Him and seek to do what is right in the sight of the Lord with my whole heart. 

How much of your heart does God have? Do you seek to do what is right in the sight of the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment