Friday, January 3, 2014

Goals for 2014

I cannot believe it is already 2014! This past year went by so quickly and it seems like I barely made a dent in last years goals, but really God did so much with me. This year I did not prepare as much for the new year as I did last year, but in some respects things have not changed. I have tweaked my goals to match where God has lead me to at this point in my life, but much is similar. So here it goes for 2014.

Spiritual

  • Spend at least 10 minutes praying daily
  • Spend at least 10 minutes reading and reflecting on the Bible daily
  • Memorize verses with the kids 
  • Memorize Proverbs 31:10-31 and Romans 1 (I hope to add more to it, but this is where I want to start)
Marriage
  • Go out for a date once a month
  • Go on a night away once this year
  • Read 3 books together this year
  • Discuss plan weekly on Sunday afternoon
Kids
  • Spend 30 minutes of one on one time with each child every week
  • Go to playgroup each Tuesday
  • Take kids to Science Center or Zoo at least once a month
  • Write in individual journals at least 3 times this year
  • Finish Jamey's 1st year Scrapbook
Homemaking
  • Keep up with cleaning schedule
  • Keep up with my calendar
  • Being fully present when with my family 
Ministry
  • Continue to host Women's Prayer once a month
  • Have at least 4 Childbirth Conversation classes this year
  • Start Childbirth Conversation blog
Personal
  • Read a book a month aside from Class material
  • Journal 5 days a week
  • Write (books) 3 days a week
  • Edit novel to prepare for publishing and research publishing options
  • Complete Childbirth Conversation book
  • Plan for next novel and write in November
  • Finish Rosetta Stone Russian level 1 and begin Level 2
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group
  • Blog 3 days a week
Health
  • Go to water aerobics once a week
  • Maintain weight until birth
  • Lose weight after giving birth
I have left off things that I would really like to accomplish, however this is where life is right now and I am trying to be realistic, especially with our family growing again. My desire is to grow in Christ likeness and be consistent in my life. May this help me lean on God that much more! 

What are your goals for 2014? May it be a blessed year for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment