Saturday, January 25, 2014

Redeeming Childbirth

I was so excited when I ran across this book as I too feel like childbirth needs to be redeemed in our culture. Angie Tolpin writes with much enthusiasm on the topic of childbirth that I can relate to, as I also have much enthusiasm for childbirth. It is a beautiful God given gift that needs to be discussed more, particularly among believers. 

There was a lot I liked in this book: giving God the glory for designing childbirth, things to help with seeking God during pregnancy, practical things to consider in childbirth, things to think about when planning for birth, Scripture and resources to go to, being a Titus 2 woman in sharing your experience with others and a note for husbands. Generally speaking I like what was written. There is a website that corresponds with the book at redeemingchildbirth.com


The downside of this book is her all but saying that natural childbirth is more spiritual than other births. She is very gracious in how she says it, but unfortunately there is a clear undertone in the majority of what she says. I also felt there was a lot of repetition in what she says and that the book could have been more condensed. 

I would absolutely recommend this book for the resources and spiritual guidance it gives, but unfortunately I have to give a disclaimer when recommending it because of the first issue listed above. Overall I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment