Monday, May 6, 2013

Help Me!!!

This has been my daily prayer for the past year. When we found out that we would be welcoming our 4th child just over a year ago I was so excited that our family would be expanding again. Not long after the morning sickness hit and I was tired.

Help Me!

We also closed on our house and began renovations. This meant trips to Home Depot, Lowes, paint stores, hours on the internet and lots of decisions for an already frazzled brain.

Help Me!

Everything in the renovations and getting inspections done took much longer than expected. This meant moving at the end of August in the heat and humidity with 3 little ones and a super pregnant woman.

Help Me!

Unpacking and organizing a new home came next. Though it was a blessing, it was easy to make it into a burden. Our Brothers and Sisters rallied behind us and supported us, but still much was on me.

Help Me!

Back into real life. Jim and Becca were in school. Lillian still needed to be toilet trained. The kids were going bananas all the time. I was big and tired. All I wanted to do was hang out on the sofa. There was much inner turmoil and questioning as well as personal conflicts that I was uncertain how to handle. My brain was beyond fried and I was schooling my 2 oldest with what little energy I could muster.

Help Me!

A week after Thanksgiving (at least a week and a half before I was expecting) my water broke and we welcomed Gabriel into our family. Such an excited and blessed time, but still overwhelming.

Help Me!

Four beautiful children now blessed our home. They are a blessing, I must remind myself. Between fights and hugs, laughter and tears some days I do now know which end is up. These 4 blessings remind me how much I cannot do it on my own.

Help Me!

Many days that is all I can say. I want to love well. Help me love well. I want to teach them well. Help me to teach them. I want them to know the Lord. Help me to show them who You are! Four kids has shown me just how powerless I am and how much I need God. When I struggle to pray, these two words escape my mouth: HELP ME! It's a prayer I know God will answer, for He helps His children in their time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment