Friday, May 31, 2013

May Evaluation



Spiritual
  • Read through the entire Bible in a year following a chronological reading plan- I was on track until this week so I will be catching up this week.
  • Memorize a verse a week (for full disclosure I am starting with verses that I have previously memorized but have lost full memory of)- Our church is working through the attributes of God so I am working on those Scriptures, but only have memorized 1 this month: Isaiah 40:28
  • Spend 30 minutes daily concentrated on prayer and Bible reading- Again have been doing well until this last week. Praying that it will improve again.
  • Continue to record daily blessings to cultivate thankfulness (Goal is 10,000 things)- I am continuing to record, but many times forget the things I want to write down so behind in number from where I would like to be
  • Praying throughout the day for specified things (still developing lists and plan for this)- Did better this month, still getting all of my notebooks together, which makes it challenging as new things come up
Personal
  • Read a book a month apart from SWI matrerial- Still working on Redeeming Childbirth but also read You Are A Writer by Jeff Goins (review here) and read Magicians Nephew as a family
  • Journal 5 days a week- I think I got about 10 days this month. Still trying to get this more into my day as a normal routine
  • Write (working on books) 5 days a week- I have done a little planning for a book to go along with a child birthing class but no actual writing this month. Working a plan to make this more of a priority as God is leading me in it
  • Finish my first fiction book- Still seriously behind where I hoped to be at this point
  • Write 3 blog posts a week- I think I averaged 3 a week though some had less. 
  • Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes! Love those ladies
  • Have one day a month for personal retreat time to pray, read the Bible and write- Did not happen, working on getting this for all adults in our house
  • Complete Level 1 of Rosetta Stone Russian- Have recently taken a bit of a language break because of other priorities, but still planning to get this done
  • Begin working on a Christ-centered prenatal/delivery/postnatal education- Yes! I have talked to many people, gotten many surveys filled out, lots of encouragement and plans in the works. Hoping to go through surveys this week
Marriage
  • Go on a date once a month- Yes!
  • Go on one overnight trip away- Yes! Elk Creek Vineyard is beautiful!
  • Read together for 30 minutes once a week- Um, No 
  • Discuss and plan the week to come on Sunday afternoon- Yes
Kids
  • Take each child on a "date" once a month- I think this happened, I know J and L went out with us. Lots of Doctor's appointments have led to individual time, but not necessarily dates
  • Spend individual time with each child at home once a week (at least 20 minutes)- Have had more individualize time at home though have not done this every week
  • Work on memorizing Psalm 23 with Jamey and Lillian- Yes! Both have it memorized as well as Psalm 67 with most of Proverbs 31:10-31 and are now working on Psalm 1
  • Finish current Pre-K curriculum with Jamey and Lillian- Still trecking, Planning to be done in 5 weeks! (though my kids love school and could care less if we take a break at all)
  • Continue going to playgroup on Tuesdays- Yes
  • (I need to develop more educational goals, so I guess a goal for this year will be learning to do this for next year)
Homemaking
  • Begin a garden planting at least tomatoes (hoping to do more)- We have lettuce. Our other seedlings have not made it, save for a couple either tomatoes or peppers
  • Try 1 new recipe a month- Yes! Made BBQ ribs for Jim's birthday
  • Keep up with cleaning calendar- Not really
  • Develop general cleaning schedule- Have an idea, but still nothing official
Health and Fitness
  • Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week- I have gotten 2 days pretty regularly and will continue with that for now
  • Lose 30 lbs- I fluctuated a lot this month and am back up a couple pounds
Ministry
  • Continue hosting Women's prayer once a month- Yes, still praying for more people to pray
  • Email workers once a month- Sent out a few updates, but will email all this weekend
  • Send 2 encouraging notes a month- No, hoping to catch up and improve in this area
May was crazy but good. We celebrated Lillian's birthday, Jamey had surgery, Rachel came up, celebrated Jim's birthday and went on an overnight away. These are just the highlights, but it made for a bit of a chaotic month. I have felt a bit out of my rhythm. Looking forward to a more laid back June (I hope :) ).

What was May like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment