Monday, May 27, 2013

Play With Your Kids

It seems so obvious, but I know I constantly have to be reminded and remind myself to play with my kids. I am really trying to grow in this as it is not natural for me. I don't know why exactly, but my instinct is not to just hang out with them. I feel like I always need to be doing something productive in the house or preparing for ministry or something. But I am starting to realize more and more that I need to just be present with my kids sometimes and play with them. Ring Around the Rosie has become a house hold favorite as well as the Hokey Pokey. We laugh. We get dizzy. But we enjoy being together and being a family.

I need to play more. I need to enjoy more. My kids are growing so fast. Today they are 4, 3, 20 months and 5 months. It seems like Jamey was just born yesterday. They will all be grown before I know it. I don't want to have regrets. I want to play with my kids and enjoy them. They truly are gifts and I need to treat them as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment