Monday, May 20, 2013

Superwoman

When people find out that I have had 4 kids in 4 years there were a lot of different reactions and words used to describe me. The one that always makes me laugh the most is Superwoman.

"How do you do that? You are a superwoman!" people say.

To which, I let out a hardy laugh and reply, "Clearly you have never been to my house."

I over react and yell at my kids daily. Sometimes I walk away. I finish reading or writing that "important" email while my kids beg me to play "Ring Around the Rosies". I push academics or timeliness over obedience and instructing my kids in the Lord. I freak out over meal planning. My house is cluttered and dirty.

I am no Superwoman.

I am just a woman, fallen, sinful and broken who has been saved by grace by a Holy God. I have been blessed with 4 beautiful kids who stretch and grow me everyday. Most of the time there is progress forward little by little. Sometimes I fall too far back. But it is a process.

Maybe one day I will be a superwoman, but it will only be because of God's grace working in my life. I serve a God who is personal and loving and never gives up on me.

Lord, make me Your superwoman!


No comments:

Post a Comment