- Read through the entire Bible in a year following a chronological reading plan- On track!
- Memorize a verse a week (for full disclosure I am starting with verses that I have previously memorized but have lost full memory of)- Honestly I have not done any individual memory, but our family has been working on Psalm 67
- Spend 30 minutes daily concentrated on prayer and Bible reading- By God's grace I have been doing much better. I have been giving myself a break on Saturdays and that has really helped to have this time most other days of the week
- Continue to record daily blessings to cultivate thankfulness (Goal is 10,000 things)- I am continuing to record, but many times forget the things I want to write down so behind in number from where I would like to be
- Praying throughout the day for specified things (still developing lists and plan for this)- Did better this month, still getting all of my notebooks together, which makes it challenging as new things come up
- Read a book a month apart from SWI matrerial- Nope, but started Redeeming Childbirth and love it so far. Hope to get caught up on extra books during the summer
- Journal 5 days a week- Did not even do the 2-3 times a week, but only 2 or 3 times this month apart from journaling about what I'm reading. Working on my days to get this back as a regular part as it is much need it.
- Write (working on books) 5 days a week- Not sure if I wrote this month. Working with my sister to plan some serious writing days when she is not in classes
- Finish my first fiction book- Still seriously behind where I hoped to be at this point
- Write 3 blog posts a week- If you read my blog you know this did not happen. Hoping to improve this month as I have some ideas and will have extra hands almost every day!
- Continue to meet once a month with writing group- Yes! Love those ladies
- Have one day a month for personal retreat time to pray, read the Bible and write- Did not happen, working on getting this for all adults in our house
- Complete Level 1 of Rosetta Stone Russian- Definitely on track to do this. Half way through unit 3!
- Begin working on a Christ-centered prenatal/delivery/postnatal education- I have a survey! Planning to put it on the blog soon to get more broad spectrum feedback. I have had 15 or so ladies fill them out already and beginning to make plans
- Go on a date once a month- Yes!
- Go on one overnight trip away- We have it booked for the end of May. I cannot wait! :)
- Read together for 30 minutes once a week- I think we have averaged this. Still working on consistency
- Discuss and plan the week to come on Sunday afternoon- Yes
- Take each child on a "date" once a month- Did not happen again. Really hoping to get back on track this month
- Spend individual time with each child at home once a week (at least 20 minutes)- Still working at this as we tweak our weekly schedule
- Work on memorizing Psalm 23 with Jamey and Lillian- Yes! Both have it memorized and we are working on Proverbs 31:10-31 and Psalm 67
- Finish current Pre-K curriculum with Jamey and Lillian- On track and have curriculum for next year!
- Continue going to playgroup on Tuesdays- Yes
- (I need to develop more educational goals, so I guess a goal for this year will be learning to do this for next year)
- Begin a garden planting at least tomatoes (hoping to do more)- We have seedlings!!!!! So far tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and spinach
- Try 1 new recipe a month- Does tweaking a previous recipe count?
- Keep up with cleaning calendar- Getting back on track slowly
- Develop general cleaning schedule- Have not yet
Health and Fitness
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week- I have gotten 2 days pretty regularly and will continue with that for now
- Lose 30 lbs- Down another 3lbs! Already lost 13 lbs so hoping to get there
- Continue hosting Women's prayer once a month- Yes, still praying for more people to pray
- Email workers once a month- I still did not email everyone, but have contacted most
- Send 2 encouraging notes a month- No, hoping to catch up and improve in this area
April felt like catch up month and only the last week did I feel some semblance of normalcy. Praying that May will be even better as we move toward God and each other as a family as well as learning how to serve the Body and others more.
How was your April?