Saturday, May 18, 2013

Not Really Free

I am starting to realize more and more that nothing is really free. It may not cost money, but I have discovered that it will often time. I love getting things with no monetary cost. It really is a blessing! But tonight as I looked through my emails and things I have signed up for to get free things, I am realizing how much time it is costing me. At 19:15 I knew I was going to work on downloading a few freebies I was wanting to get. It is now 20:40 and I honestly am not done but had to stop before it drove me crazy. It's been 2 hours for what? As I look at many of the things, I likely will not use them or will not for a long time. And as I do this I think about 2 hours of things I should have done (like write, journal, read or work on my childbirth class) that I have clearly been called to do. One thing that I have downloaded this evening deals with any of those things. A couple of them are for homeschooling my kids, but other than that the likelihood is that much of it I will not use.
I am seriously seeking to evaluate my time right now so that I can reach the goals that God gave me at the beginning of the year. God is really helping me to be more present in my family's life, but my alone time management is seriously lacking. I hope to grow in this as well as not seek things. My time needs to be spent elsewhere generally and I pray that I will seek God in how to use my time to the fullest for His Kingdom and His Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment