Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gabriel is 1!

 No, I did not forget Gabriel. I saved him for today, Thanksgiving day, which is also his 1st birthday. Today my 4th blessing is 1 year old! I cannot believe it has already been 1 year since he was born, nor can I believe I have a Thanksgiving baby. But that's God for you. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so it seems appropriate that God would bless me with a child whose birthday falls then.

Gabriel has gotten so big and I am so thankful for his life. This boy is not afraid to be heard and makes his opinion known. As the 4th child he wants to be sure he is not forgotten. Trust me when I say, he is not. He loves to explore and put everything in his mouth. We thought he might be thinking about walking, but not so much. He is super fast with his crawling and keeps up with his siblings just fine. He is beginning to sign a little which is so helpful. He, like everyone else, loves to laugh. It does not take much to make him laugh either. Listening to him crack up is music. I am excited to see what God does with his little life.  As Jim has been learning Hebrew we have learned that Gabriel's name is better translated "mighty man of God" (instead of God is my strength) which I pray he will be. God really did name this little boy as we completely changed our minds about a boy name when he was born.


God, please make Gabriel a mighty man of You! Thank You for his precious life and for a year with him. You have blessed our family far beyond what we deserve and I know  you will do great things with Gabriel's life to bring You glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment