Saturday, November 2, 2013

Jim

I have the best husband in the world! Really I do. :) No he's not perfect, but he is wonderful. Why? Because he strives to grow in Christ-likeness everyday. He desires to seek God's best and direction in everything. He loves me unconditionally and does not give up. He desires to lead our home in a Godly manner. He plays with our kids and gets down on there level. He invited my sister to live with us so she could attend school in Kentucky (yes, it was his idea). He cooks dinner everyday, yes everyday, for our family. He plans all of our meals too. He is patient with me in my shortcomings. He values and respects my opinions and ideas most of the time. He is willing to listen. He is growing in leadership in our community group. He is supportive of the ministries God has led me into. He teaches our children God's Word. He talks through Spiritual issues with me. He allows me to wrestle with God and teaches me in a loving manner full of grace.

I could go on, but you get the idea. I am so thankful that God has given me Jim as a life partner. We were blessed to be married young and to grow up together. We have learned to do life together. What an amazing gift. It has not always been easy, but by God's grace we have persevered. I am excited to see where God will lead us in the next 50 years as He grows us closer to Him and together.

God, thank You so much for Jim. He is such a precious gift and I pray that I will not take it for granted. You knew what You were doing when You placed us together. May we live long lives together serving You together on earth before You call us home to Your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment