Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sarah Sloan

I am so thankful and so blessed by having Sarah Sloan in my life. She is the wife of our International Pastor at Sojourn and from the time we met she has been such an encouragement to me. Her quiet spirit, love for her Lord and respect for her husband shine through in all that she does. When we first met I was struggling with how I fit here and questions about how we should live as Christians. She came along side me and shared her heart and the Bible with me to help me muddle through. As I felt called to begin a women's prayer  time for the nations she talked me through what that could look like, handed me the reigns and said go for it. She has encouraged me when I felt like I was doing nothing and my work was all for nothing. This past year I watched her as her husband suffered through cancer. I cannot tell you how much I learned from just watching her stand by his side, pray for him, and love him like Jesus. She takes the wedding vow "In sickness and in health" very seriously. She is an example of A Proverbs 31 woman and a Titus 2 woman yet is so humble. I thank God that I can serve the Body along side such a woman after God's own heart. They are now in the process of adopting and I know God will give her the grace to be a wonderful mother.

Lord, I thank You so much for my dear friend and Sister, Sarah. She is such a blessing to so many. Thank You for giving her the grace to be an example of a Godly wife. Please be with them as they adopt and prepare them for the life You have for them as parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment