Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Mom

Today I am thankful for my mom. She stayed home with us kids for many years and managed our home, which I am so grateful for. Her heart for hospitality really shone through as we always had people in our home, whether her friends or ours, foster kids for awhile or people who just needed a place to stay for the night. I am also so thankful for her heart for missions, which she has passed on to me. We were always collecting money for Lottie Moon and Annie Armstrong, setting up the mission house, getting to know the people in the mission house, writing letters to people overseas and doing whatever they needed. When I became part of the youth group I went on mission trips every year and went on my first international trip when I was in 11th grade. I'm so thankful for my mom's love of missions and hospitality that she has taught me and I am now learning to live.

Father, thank You for giving me a mom who loves You and Your people. Thank You that she has taught me a love for Your people. Please continue to grow her in love of You and Your people as she teaches those around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment